Saturday, May 7, 2011

Coincidence?

I must say I'm not the religious type though I do have my beliefs. But the coincidence of what happened this afternoon was too full of synchronicity to ignore.

Living in Fort Collins Colorado has the advantage of being in the center of a beer culture all it's own. This city hosts some of the best breweries in the world within a single square mile. That said, I tend to be a more simplistic beer connoisseur. My beer of choice 90% of the time, Pabst Blue Ribon (PBR). Its one of the easiest drinking yet flavorful beers in the world, and I can go through many of them on a hot Saturday afternoon. Such was the case today in fact, we reached a pleasant 81 degrees, and I reached for a few cold ones when company came over.

Sitting on my patio with a neighbor enjoying the gorgeous day, I pulled 2 long necks from my fridge. Though he has no idea of my kinky affairs we maintain a very vanilla friendship. Now I must say though I thoroughly enjoy the man, I'd like the opportunity to enjoy his wife in a different way. She is the kind of woman with a few extra pounds that I call 'everyday gorgeous', but I think has no idea on her own just how attractive she is. He was explaining how she was at the gym and had just started a new membership to shed some meat from her bones as I handed him his beer. Of course I couldn't help but think of how I'd love to see her naked as he was explaining, but I kept it to myself of course. We both popped the top and toasted to a perfect Colorado day, when I looked at the underside of my bottle cap. Ironicly enough, a Queen of Spades!

For those of you that don't know, PBR has under every bottle cap a suit and number making every cap essentially a playing card. Now I've had the Queen of Spades before on a cap, but it was certainly appropriate at that moment as I was just imagining getting freaky with this mans wife. I glanced at him in my patio chair as he looked at his own cap after opening it. He looked up at me and said: "A Queen of Spades, what did you get?"

"No shit, I got the very same thing." I couldn't believe the immediate coincidence of the situation. A pair of Queens right there on the spot as I daydreamed of using the mans wife for carnal pleasure. I collected both caps for 'disposal' as far as he was concerned, and stuck them in my pocket for a keepsake of the moment.



I'm a firm believer of don't shit where you eat. I've never approached immediate friends, co-workers, or neighbors about swinging as the situation would backfire 9 out of 10 times. But I have to ask myself.... Is it a sign?

1 comment:

  1. maybe it meant that yous were 2 queens?? jk bro - you actually said it first.

    ReplyDelete